Thursday, April 8, 2010

SharePoint Search Using Search Server Express 2008

Recently I have been setting up Search Server Express for our WSS 3.0 server. I had everything installed and configured (I used this guide to help me: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc297193.aspx) but I was receiving an error when I attempted to crawl the content. The error was: Access is denied. Check that the Default Content Access Account has access to this content, or add a crawl rule to crawl this content.

I double checked all of my settings and everything seemed fine. So I went to google to see if I could figure any thing out. I stumbled across this technet thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointsearch/thread/84f93fbe-f4a6-4683-b25b-b595b9006ad7. About 1/3 of the way down the page there is a comment from Sandeep Lad that fixed my issue perfectly. He also references this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861. I thought it wouldn't work for me since I am on Server 2008 but everything appears to be running smoothly now.

No comments: