So I have had a couple strange problems recently that I thought I would post the solution to. I had several computers that wouldn't install automatic updates after XP service pack 3 was applied. I found that the way to solve this was to re register a dll file. If you just paste this: 'regsvr32 wups2.dll' in the run coomand box (start->run), everything then works great with automatic updates.
The other problem I had was with SharePoint v3. I set up a new SharePoint server for the company I am now working for. I setup a few simple things and was ready to start granting access to the main site. When I tried to add users or groups from active directory, I got the following error code: Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT)). I search for quite some time and tried many things but none of the solutions seemed to work. Then I came across this post: http://prequest01.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/unable-to-add-active-directory-users-to-the-sharepoint-groups/ . It solved my problem right away. I am not sure why this option was checked on the SQL server and I hope it does not crash any of our other database apps. It is unfortunate the Microsoft caused SharePoint to produce errors when inserting into the database.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment